03 November 2010

Irlam Gas Explosion

Investigations into a serious domestic gas explosion in Irlam have revealed that the property where the blast occurred had been undergoing a kitchen and bathroom re-fit which involved gas work.

A cooker had been disconnected and reconnected to the mains three times in the space of three days. It is believed that this was the cause of a very substantial gas leak.

This tragic event once again brings home the importance of safety, high quality workmanship and not least a proper workflow where gas installations are concerned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11681714


Other articles