COVID-19: Policy & Social Distancing Measures
Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020
We confirm we fully comply with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
The safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff is of the utmost importance.
While the situation surrounding COVID-19 keeps evolving, we’re closely monitoring government and official public health organisation announcements for guidance. In the meantime, we wanted to let you know the actions we are taking in relation to our engineers visiting your home.
Our employees are fully updated on the current requirements and are undertaking stringent health and safety measures to ensure that the highest possible hygiene standards are maintained throughout every aspect of our daily work – particularly for our engineers visiting customers’ homes.
We have distributed antibacterial hand wipes and hand gel to every employee (both office based and field engineers). In addition, all field engineers have been issued with special gloves which restrict the virus.
Our engineers are required to undertake a dynamic risk assessment before entering each property and go through a hygiene procedure which involves cleaning their hands using the antibacterial wipes and wearing the special gloves.
Engineers are also required to confirm with you that the situation your health hasn’t changed from when the call was originally booked, you as the customer are welcome to confirm with the engineer that they have completed the required hand cleaning before they enter your home.
Engineers have been asked to follow the guidelines below whilst undertaking any home visit.
- Confirm with customers that they haven’t begun experiencing any symptoms since booking the job.
- Ask the customer if they have been advised to self-isolate.
- Engineers will not enter the premises of any customer who reports symptoms or is in self-isolation.
- Engineers are expected to clean hands before and after every repair.
- Engineers have been advised to keep contact with the customer to a minimum and ask customers to occupy an alternative room whilst working in their premises (if possible).
- Engineers have been advised to not accept any hot or cold drinks from customers.
- If the customer answers ‘yes’ to questions 1 & 2 then they will not enter your property. The engineer will instead call head office and rebook your job for 4 weeks in advance
- Customers with symptoms or in self-isolation will be asked to call back after 14 days once they are clear of any symptoms or have been tested to confirm no presence of the virus.
The business receives regular updates every two days to relay to staff the latest guidance and developments relating to the management of outbreak.
We will continue to take every precautionary measure we can to ensure our processes remain as clean and hygienic as possible.
No repair, no fee! New Enquiries 0800 030 6040