Are you eligible for a free boiler grant? Many homeowners may now qualify for a free boiler replacement or new first time gas central heating installation under the Governments ECO scheme. You could have your old boiler replaced with a brand new one either free of charge or heavily subsided depending on eligibility. 0800 Repair are pleased to be able to help households who can take advantage of both boiler grants, so if you qualify, call our knowledgeable team to discuss the supply and installation of your new boiler.Apply now
What are free boiler grants?
Free boiler grants are part of a government programme to provide low income households, or those who are receiving certain benefits, with a new boiler for free. They are available under the government’s ECO scheme, designed to help households improve their energy efficiency, reduce costs by way of energy bills and live in a warmer, healthier home.
Qualifying home owners and private tenants throughout the UK who claim means-tested benefits could have their old and inefficient boilers replaced completely free of charge. Alternatively, if you aren’t eligible for a completely free boiler installation, it will be heavily subsidised by the government.
Old boilers may only be operating at 65% efficiency resulting in as much as 35p of every pound you spend on energy being wasted. Replacing your old boiler with a brand new one could save you £300 a year.
A warm home is about more than just comfort. Maintaining a healthy temperature in your house will also help to support your overall wellbeing.
How do I qualify?
There are a few requirements that you’ll need to meet to be eligible for a free boiler. Firstly you need to be a home owner and your boiler needs to be over 8 years old.
As with a newer boiler it is more worthwhile to carry out repairs than completely replacing it.
Crucially, you must also be in receipt of at least one of the following benefit types.
- Child Tax Credit
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Guaranteed Credit (excludes Savings Credit)
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefits
- Ministry of Justice Benefits (administered by Veterans UK)
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Child Benefit
What else does the free boiler scheme involve?
The grants which make up the free boiler scheme are funded by the ‘Big Six’ energy suppliers and are non-repayable, meaning you will never have to repay a penny. Millions of homeowners throughout the UK have already taken advantage of the free boiler grants, and millions more are still eligible to claim.
Where some might be eligible for a free boiler, including supply and installation, others might be able to have a new boiler installed in their home for a reduced fee. This means that the cost of the boiler and its fitting is subsidised by the government, so bear this in mind if you find that you cannot have a boiler fitted for free. If you have any questions or would like further information, our team of specialists will always be on hand to discuss it with you.
How to get your free boiler installed
The first step to having your modern boiler installed for free is to make sure you fill out our application form. You’ll be asked a series of questions to make sure that you are eligible for a free boiler under the government boiler grant scheme. If you qualify, then your case will be handled, end-to-end, by a member of our highly-qualified, fully-trained team of professional energy advisors and Gas Safe registered engineers.
If, however, you find that you do not qualify for a free boiler, then you might find that you can purchase a new boiler at a reduced cost under the boiler grant scheme. This means that the government will subsidise the cost of a new boiler and its installation. If you’re not sure whether or not you qualify for the aforementioned scheme, then ask a member of our knowledgeable team for help.
What are the benefits of a boiler grant?
For those who are able to take advantage of the government boiler grant scheme, there are several ways in which both yourself and your family will benefit from the installation of a new boiler. From improving overall health to saving a considerable amount of money, you’ll benefit in the following ways:
- You’ll receive a brand-new boiler, free of charge – if you’re eligible, our Gas Safe registered engineers will install a brand new boiler at no cost to yourself
- You’ll experience reduced energy bills – a new boiler will be far more energy-efficient than your old one, meaning you’ll be spending less money on energy bills
- All installation costs are covered for absolute peace of mind – the boiler and the cost of the installation itself is completely free for those eligible
- You’ll save money both initially and in the long run – not only will you save money with the free supply and installation of a new boiler, but you’ll save money on energy bills as well
- It helps to support your health and the health of your family – it’s important that your home is kept warm, this helps to keep yourself and your family comfortable, but it can also reduce damp and mould issues
0800 Repair is proud to install new boilers under the boiler grant government scheme. You could also be eligible for an insulation grant, find out more about that here. For more information about how we can help you when it comes to the boiler grant and new boiler installation, get in touch with a member of our highly-qualified, Gas Safe registered engineers today – we’re always pleased to hear from you.