News articles for September 2015

  • ARLA issuing advice to landlords for Gas Safety Week

    ARLA issuing advice to landlords for Gas Safety Week

    14th September 2015

    The Association of Residential Lettings Agents (ARLA) has issued advice to landlords and lettings agents ahead of Gas Safety week this week (14-20 September).

  • LG eyes washing machine boost

    LG eyes washing machine boost

    11th September 2015

    Electronics manufacturer LG is looking to its washing machines and other home appliances to provide it with a revenue boost, according to a senior executive.

  • Fire brigade issues gas safety call

    Fire brigade issues gas safety call

    11th September 2015

    With Gas Safety Week set to get underway, one fire service has called on householders to ensure their gas appliances are in safe working order.

  • Family flee home after boiler explosion

    Family flee home after boiler explosion

    9th September 2015

    A boiler explosion forced a Devon family to flee their home in the early hours of Sunday morning.

  • LG reveals two-sided TV

    LG reveals two-sided TV

    8th September 2015

    South Korean technology giant LG has wowed attendees at the IFA 2015 tech trade show with its pioneering new two-sided TV.

  • Fire brigade warns of carbon monoxide risks

    Fire brigade warns of carbon monoxide risks

    7th September 2015

    Householders in Cornwall have been warned to be aware of the risks posed by carbon monoxide, after crews were called to deal with an incident in Polruan.

  • Landlord 'put tenants' lives at risk'

    Landlord 'put tenants' lives at risk'

    4th September 2015

    A landlord has been hit with a fine after a court found that it had put two tenants' wellbeing at risk by failing to ensure the safety of their home's boiler.

  • Panasonic launches new OLED TV

    Panasonic launches new OLED TV

    3rd September 2015

    Panasonic has officially unveiled its latest high-tech OLED TV, which comes just two years after the company bowed out of the plasma TV market.

  • Devon couple hospitalised after leak

    Devon couple hospitalised after leak

    2nd September 2015

    A couple from Devon were taken to hospital in the early hours of yesterday morning after a suspected carbon monoxide leak.

  • LG unveils new 'smart sensor'

    LG unveils new 'smart sensor'

    1st September 2015

    South Korean electronics giant LG has revealed a new sensor designed to turn 'dumb' electronic appliances into smart ones.