News articles for September 2015

  • Landlord fined over gas safety failures

    Landlord fined over gas safety failures

    30th September 2015

    A landlord from Torquay has been fined after it was found that his failure to arrange annual gas safety checks had put his tenants' lives at risk.

  • Family flee dishwasher fire

    Family flee dishwasher fire

    28th September 2015

    A family from Wigan were forced to flee their home late in the evening when their dishwasher caught fire.

  • MP aims to highlight gas dangers

    MP aims to highlight gas dangers

    25th September 2015

    A Labour MP is trying to promote awareness of gas safety issues by putting his own video about the topic online.

  • LG to unveil 'rollup' TV: report

    LG to unveil 'rollup' TV: report

    24th September 2015

    South Korean electronics manufacturer LG is set to unveil its revolutionary new flexible screen technology next year, it has been reported.

  • Rugby star eyes dishwasher duty

    22nd September 2015

    England rugby star Jonny May has admitted that he's looking forward to getting away from the spotlight for a few days so he can… fix his dishwasher.

  • Plumber jailed over illegal gas work

    Plumber jailed over illegal gas work

    21st September 2015

    A plumber has been jailed and his grandson fined over illegal and dangerous gas work at a house in Doncaster.

  • Millions 'not getting gas safety checks'

    Millions 'not getting gas safety checks'

    18th September 2015

    Millions of people in the UK are risking their health as well as their finances by not getting their gas appliances checked regularly, it has been claimed.

  • Builder and housing firm fined over gas safety failings

    Builder and housing firm fined over gas safety failings

    17th September 2015

    A housing company and a builder have been prosecuted after faulty building work left tenants at risk from potentially fatal gases.

  • Mother and child escape tumble dryer fire

    Mother and child escape tumble dryer fire

    16th September 2015

    A mother and her child escaped a house fire that was started by a tumble dryer in the kitchen.

  • One in ten smartphones end up in washing machine

    15th September 2015

    A survey of 2000 people carried out by Dr. Beckmann found that 16 per cent of 18-30 year olds have put their phone in the washing machine in the last three years in comparison to only 8 per cent of people in their 40s.