News articles for December 2015

  • Government mulls energy switch plan

    Government mulls energy switch plan

    15th December 2015

    The government is reportedly considering a proposal which could see it include information on switching energy suppliers with its winter fuel payment letters to older customers.

  • Council warns of carbon monoxide risks

    Council warns of carbon monoxide risks

    14th December 2015

    A local authority has urged local residents to check that their gas appliances are safe this winter in an effort to reduce carbon monoxide (CO) leaks.

  • Builder sentenced over shoddy gas work

    Builder sentenced over shoddy gas work

    11th December 2015

    A builder from Chelmsford has been hit with a suspended prison sentence after his unsafe gas work endangered a family.

  • Smart appliances market set to soar: report

    Smart appliances market set to soar: report

    10th December 2015

    A new report has indicated that the global smart appliances market is set for robust growth over the next few years.

  • Half of kitchen appliances bought online: study

    Half of kitchen appliances bought online: study

    8th December 2015

    New research has indicated that nearly half of all kitchen appliances are bought online, with the high street coming under increasing pressure from the internet.

  • Electrolux-GE deal falls through

    Electrolux-GE deal falls through

    7th December 2015

    Electrolux's bid to acquire the appliance division of US electronics firm General Electric (GE) has collapsed under pressure from American regulators.

  • Couple escape fridge-freezer fire

    Couple escape fridge-freezer fire

    4th December 2015

    A couple from Merseyside have spoken of their relief after their fridge-freezer burst into flames.

  • Gas fitters fined over illegal gas work

    Gas fitters fined over illegal gas work

    3rd December 2015

    An unregistered gas fitter installed a boiler illegally and got a legitimate engineer to sign the work off, a court has heard.

  • Landlord fined over gas safety failings

    Landlord fined over gas safety failings

    1st December 2015

    A Devon landlord put the health and wellbeing of his tenants in jeopardy by failing to take action over a faulty boiler, a court has heard.