Householders warned of carbon monoxide dangers

Post by George Dixon on 21st January 2016 in Appliance safety

Householders warned of carbon monoxide dangers
Residents have been reminded of the potential dangers posed by carbon monoxide (CO) after a family of seven from north-west London was hospitalised following a leak.
 
According to the Brent & Kilburn Times, emergency services attended the family home in Harlesden on January 12. The members of the family were treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to hospital for further checks.
 
Emergency crews were called out to another report five days later after a home CO alarm went off, but there were no injuries on that occasion. Brent paramedics took to Twitter to remind local residents that working CO alarms can and do save lives.
 
There are more than 50 deaths in the UK each year as a result of CO poisoning. CO alarms should be placed in rooms where fuel burning appliances - such as boilers and fires - are present.

Related articles: