Emma Cartwright from Stoke-on-Trent had only using her replaced Hotpoint Indesit tumble dryer for 30 minutes before it caught alight. Nobody was hurt during the fire but tumble dryer owners are still being encouraged to check the make and model of their appliance to see if it is on the recalled list.
The tumble dryer already had a green dot sticker on the back and Hotpoint had previously told a customer on their Facebook page that the green sticker meant the dryer had already been repaired.
When told about the incident, which happened on Monday 21 December, Hotpoint Indesit said they would send an engineer to the property to look at the tumble dryer.
Tumble dryers should not be left on wihthout supervision.