Faulty dishwasher causes house fire

Post by George Dixon on 19th October 2015 in Appliance safety

Faulty dishwasher causes house fire
A dishwasher was a fault for a house fire that caused damage to a property in Banbury last week, firefighters have revealed.
 
According to the Oxford Mail, the fire broke out at the home in Calthorpe Road at around 7pm on Friday night. Fire crews arrived at the property to find that the ground floor was already filled with smoke.
 
The home's resident - who was in the kitchen at the time the fire started - was able to escape her home quickly and without sustaining any injury. 
 
"The property was fitted with working smoke alarms on each floor, and these were soon activating, so would have given plenty of warning should she not have been in the kitchen at the time," said Deddington Fire Station watch manager Chris Fenemore.
 
"Due to her quick thinking and well-practiced fire plan everyone left the property swiftly and the fire was limited to a very small area," he added.

Related articles: